bilingual blog

this is a bilingual blog written by a single mom who is like many others but who somehow is also different :-)

domenica 17 luglio 2011

questo finesettimana - this weekend


Il viaggio in Toscana, partenza giovedì pomeriggio e rientro sabato. Con un'amica e l'ometto. Traffico intenso. La casa che finalmente rivede la luce e riprende aria. Non fa più strano entrarci senza più sentire il peso del 'lei non cè'. Credo di averla davvero lasciata andare, tanto sarà sempre con me. Un giro per negozi, forse due; e un salto al cimitero. Le tappe, in fondo, son sempre quelle.
***

A trip to Tuscany, leaving on Thursday afternoon and driving back on Saturday evening. With a girlfriend of mine and my little boy. Heavy traffic. The house that finally sees the light again and breaths some fresh air . It's no longer strange to get into it without feeling the weight of 'she's not here anymore'. I think I really let her go, she will always be with me anyway. A shopping tour, maybe two, and a visit to the cemetery. The stops, after all, are always the same.


 
Ho portato l'ometto dal papà e trascorso il sabato sera a sistemare casa, disfare bagagli e mettere a posto quel poco che dalla Toscana si è spostato in Lombardia. Un bracciale vintage (bellissimo!!!), una pianta finta che sembra vera, una coloratissima collana di giada, una bambola di ceramica venuta da chissà dove. E i nuovi acquisti: due zerbini da giardino colorati e fioriti, la maglietta di Buzz Lightyear taglia 5-6 anni, le mie ciabatte mare da € 5

***

I brought my little boy at his father's and spent my Saturday night fixing my hpme, unpacking luggage and putting away those little things that have moved from Tuscany to Lombardy. A (gourgeous!!!) vintage bracelet, a plant that looks real but it's a fake, a colorful jade necklace, a ceramic puppy coming from who knows where. And my new purchases: two colourful and flowered mats for my garden, a Buzz Light year shirt size 5-6 years, my new slippers bought for € 5.



Domenica. Nella terra delle pesche oggi si fa festa e c'è il mercato più bello d'Italia fuori di casa. Lo aspettavo da un anno. Ci ho rimediato due borse, un bracciale d'argento, calzoni neri e top colorato indiani, sandali da mille e una notte. Ogni tanto ci vuole.

***
Sunday. Here in the land of peaches today we are celebrating and there's the most beautiful market of Italy just out of my house. I've been waiting for it a year. I've found two bags, a silver indian bracelet, black trousers and a colored indian top, fabulous sandals. Sometimes you just deserve a day like this.




 Ora piove. La cover band della festa sta suonando lo stesso ed io mi godo la musica dal letto. Il che lascia presupporre che tra poco mi godrò lo spettacolo dei fuochi d'artificio dal giardino, nonostante la pioggia.

 ***
Now it's raining. The cover bands is playing all the same and I enjoy the music from my bed. This probably means that in a few minutes - in spite of the rain - I'll be enjoying he fireworks from my garden.


2 commenti:

  1. so why do you have fireworks? here in the US its for independence day (July 4) and in Utah for pioneer day (July 24)...this year my son and I really enjoyed the fireworks (last year they were still too loud for him) and we spent a few nights just driving around finding them and sitting in our car watching them explode in all directions around our car. I think it'll be a new tradition! (remind me next year! ;)

    RispondiElimina
  2. nina, in Italy we have fireworks in every place (I mean also in small villages like the one I live in) for religious occasions or - as in this case, we celebrate every year the peaches crop - just an occasion to celebrate something.

    these pics have been taken from my garden. I have the privilege of pole position :-)

    RispondiElimina

ciao, sono lieta che tu sia qui e che tu abbia dedicato del tempo per lasciare il tuo commento. io tornerò presto da te. ♥

hi, I'm glad you're here and you've found time to leave your comment. I'll get back to you soon. ♥